Sunday, July 26, 2015

June & July 15' Through my phone

1. I came back to Korea! As much as I love this country there's few absolutely irreplacable things you can't get from here - Finnish chocolate & rye bread. So I made sure to pack a bunch of those with me before hopping into a plane and coming back home! 2. Unpacking 2 huge bags was insanely tough. I'm the kinda person who unpacks even the smallest bags for about a week, lol. Managed to get this mess out of my floor in few days though. 
3. Re-decorated my room! Also brought my own blanket  & some pillow covers from Finland so I cut my old blanket into pieces and made DIY- pillows out of it. It looks pretty cozy if you ask me~ A lot more homey now that I have few pillows on my bed.
4. Back to "I'm a broke af student" diet. Well to be honest I am not that broke, I manage to eat everyday and I go out with my friends few times a week, too. But most of the days I still eat pretty simple food like veggies, soups and fruits. And omelets. Omelets are go-to food forever. 


1. A day after arriving back to Korea I had classes to attend to..Needless to say the first days were everything but successful. Also I found my new love, plain drinking yogurt ! It's amazing, try it. 
2. & 3. Our friend Rico had her birthday so we celebrated it in this cute Caffe bene - cafe near Wangsimri station by ordering a huge strawberry bingsu (ice dessert). After that we went to Noraebang and then to eat some grilled meat and for few drinks. 
4. After few months I also ended up in my favorite Dunkin' donuts - coffee shop right next to the Hongdae station again. Ordered this heavenly chicken salad & peach ice tea and studied for hours while watching people walk down on the streets. Now these are my kind of days. 


1. Reunited with my friends for the first time after coming back to Korea! We had this cream pasta and a clam soup. And let me tell you - it was ah-mazing. I don't think I've ever tried clams before.. I've never been a big fan of seafood (except for sushi and squid) but I'm slowly starting to get into the whole concept of eating weird sea creatures? hahah
2. Had a nice walk around our neighborhood and the park we have right next to our house and saw those super pretty water..fountain..things for the first time in my life. I've only seen them in pictures before so I got really excited, hahah.
3. Studying date with my cute japanese friends ~ Times we spend together are always full of weird inside jokes and a mixture of speaking Korean and Japanese. I love these gals. 
4. CHERRIES. One liter of cherries costs more than 10 bucks here, but the mart where we do our grocery shopping (right by our house) always gives us service when we buy stuff. The ladies working there are the sweetest ever. 


1. Current obsessions - grape soda & oreos. 
2. Visited a dog cafe for the first time in my life. A post about it here. This cutie totally stole my heart! Someday when I'll get a dog it will definitely be a pomeranian. It was just the tiniest thing ever and it slept on my lap so peacefully..
3. Studying... Sneakily snapped a selca during the lesson. Amusingly everyone else behind me are using their phones too.. Welcome to our school. 
4. And more studying. This month has literally been all about studying. The Grazie cafe at our campus is one of the coziest places ever. 


1. Met with FeelSeoul aka Wietske, one of the coolest gals who happens to go the same school with me. We had coffee and talked and chilled. We don't see each other so often but when we do, we just chat for hours. 
2. I don't think I will ever get over how pretty this city is, especially in the evening. This picture is taken on the road right next to our house. Idae is such a pretty neighborhood. 
3. Studying for my midterms. I spent 3 days in my favorite cafe studying from the morning until like 11pm. Kinda disappointed though cause the exams didn't go as well as I wanted them to go. I only had few mistakes but you lose like 3 points from one mistake, so the grade drops really easily. I did nail my speaking exam though! 
4. On a rainy day I heard a cat cry outside so I went to look for it. It turned out to be this adorable little kitten that was stuck between like pipes and electric wires on our roof. I saved it and brought it inside, fed it some tuna and then returned it back outside in a small box and a cup of more tuna. It did bite me though so this lead into a series of hospital visits around Seoul... Still worth it. It was adorable and so tiny. 


1. I started a project "let's fix my diet" about a month ago and this is pretty much what I've been living with. It costs me a lot more than buying a kimbap roll from the cafeteria at school (kimbap 3 bucks, a watermelon 10 bucks) but I am feeling so much more energetic and just better in general
2. The rainy season has started! It's been raining pretty much nonstop for the last few days. I am totally loving it because, well, rainy weather is my favorite kind of weather. 
3. Wore my new H&M dress for the first time few days ago (I bought it in May and haven't worn it even once?) and I was really happy with how it looked to decided to snap a picture of it. 
4. Our handsome birthday boy! Our friend Youngmin had his birthday this Friday and we went to celebrate it with our friends. Had a blast.

Till the next time! 
xx,
Julia
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Perkele ku pääsis korea kuuntelee kunnon koopoppia :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-----D eikai siinä auta muu kuin ottaa sitten eka lento tänne vain.

      Delete
  2. Majotaks sä mut sit :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Majottaisin muuten mut hyvä ku mahdutaan kämppiksen kanssa tääl kääntymää ympäri :D meijä egot vie niin paljo tilaa hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw traffic coming from your blog haha! Thanks for mentioning me~ We still have to do a collab someday~

    ReplyDelete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig