Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Cafe Tag - BAUHOUSE dog cafe

Hey guys ! 

It's been quite a quiet month for this blog this far but I have a really reasonable excuse for that. I spent the whole last week studying for my midterms that were this week, and then I've also had like a bunch of other stuff going on this week. We have a lot of school things coming up again but I'll try to get some more blogging done this month ! This weekend I'm planning to finally take the evening trip to 압구정 (Apgujeong) and do some photo shooting for yet another "cityscape" post. Gangnam is one of my favorite places ever and it's incredibly pretty at night so I'm really looking forward to that. 

Anyway to today's topic! Few weeks ago I visited one of the places I've been wanting to visit like since 3 years ago when I first came to Seoul. Now that I've been here for quite a while and lately I've had a huge craving to just spend some time with some furry little friends (it has gone so bad I brought a street cat baby home few days ago, got bitten and then ran around hospitals for the next 2 days-) I decided to finally visit one of Seoul's dog cafes. The cafe we went to is called "Bauhouse" and we chose it simply because it was the closest one to us. 


Bauhouse is located near the Hapjeong station (Map in the end of this post) and really easy to find with signs and all guiding you. They have separated the cafe into two areas - small dogs and big dogs. You can walk around freely though as you like. There is no entrance fee, but you are required to buy one drink per one person. The drink prices start from about 5,000won and go up to 10,000 or higher, if I remember correctly. If you ask me, that is not a high price for being able to spend time around all kinds of dogs, from the tiniest Chihuahuas to big jovial Huskies. You are also welcomed to bring your own dog along with you to the cafe to play with other dogs, which I think is a super adorable idea. 


We ordered Oreo milkshakes and sat down on the chairs in the small dogs' area first and immediately got like 4 different cuties playing and climbing on us. We went in the minute the place opened so it was really quiet at first and the dogs' attention was 100% on us which was really nice too hahah. 

The decoration was pretty simple which makes sense because the dogs have pretty much free access anywhere in the cafe. They jump on the chairs and tables and sometime when their games became too wild they were just running around the cafe like maniacs. So the cafe pretty much plays by the dogs' rules. Of course there are a lot of staff members, about 5 or 6 guys, to keep the dogs in order and make sure they behave, but it was also nice to see how much they were given freedom in there to play and have fun. 


The dogs were all very playful and kind, they didn't seem aggressive or shy at all. Which is, well, obvious, but I'm used to the small ones more than to the huge ones, so it felt pretty intimidating at first to just go up to a completely random big dogs to pet them put they didn't seem to mind it at all. 

They also sell treats for customers to buy and feed to the dogs, which is a good way to get their attention on a busy day when there's a lot of customers, hahah! We didn't have that problem though because it was pretty quiet that afternoon. 

If you're not a dog person or generally just not fond of noisy places this cafe is definitely not your place (obviously), but if you are head over heels for dogs like me you're gonna love it. I'd recommend going somewhere around 1-2 P.m (Bauhouse opens at 1p.m) to make sure there's not a whole lot of people. Also the dogs are really enthusiastic and energetic right after the cafe opens. 


This little thing stole my heart. She was so incredibly tiny and fluffy I could've just sat there for hours hugging and cuddling with her. Next time I'm getting a dog, it will without a doubt be a Pomeranian one !

I have to say it was even a better experience than I expected it to be. Definitely a great time to relieve stress or just have some healing time for yourself. Besides interacting with the dogs just sitting and watching like 10 dogs playing around you is really fascinating and in a weird way really relaxing and it really gets a smile on your face. 

 HOW TO GET THERE:
Line number 2 (green line), Hapjeong station, exit 3. It's literally right behind the corner and there's even few signs to guide you so finding this cafe should be super easy ~


Until the next post ! 

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig